Friday, July 22, 2011

A Quiet Moment


Today, I remembered my gratitude for the first rose bud of the season
for it is now time to barber the faded flowers.

I went busily about my way, 
trimming and thanking each bloom that stayed.

Raining upon my feet came single petals
escaping withered blossoms,
then all scattered about.

Fallen as if dead soldiers.

I felt my thoughts go with each one,
traveling and rolling,
as they floated to the ground.
  
My eyes inhaled 
a fragile beauty 
from all that scattered around.

I paused,
a single breath,
and the reverie began.

My garden is no battlefield!
I challenged my musing.

Then came a sweetly mirrored reply,
Or is it?

It is me,
I suddenly saw.

I am the soldier
who lies wounded in the field,
withered, and decayed.

My soul is weary, 
and tired,
and ready to retreat today.

Mother Nature, gave me her sanctuary.
Then wrapped me in growing.

I gasped, and breathed deeply 
of the color of knowing.
 
Welcome mid month of July,
a place to rest.
A lazy, warm feeling
glowed deeply in my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment