Sunday, July 17, 2011

Biore


Sunday evenings are a great time to get beautified for the next week.
I came out of the bathroom,
thinking I could kill two birds with one stone
by writing my blog,
while simultaneously cleaning out my pores.

Simple, right?
We've all done things like this, haven't we?
Thinking we are safe in our own homes, with no one watching?

I had planned on writing about my obsession with creating bamboo art pictures.
I broke out of the thin 8"x3' canvas size today that I initially began making.

I went a bit wild, and created some BIG pieces.

Anyway, I was going to tell the tale of how that went,
when my partner saw me sit down to the laptop to write.

"What the heck is that on your face?"

"Oh, nothing dear. I am just cleaning out my pores."

"Where's the camera. I HAVE to get a picture of that."

"OMG no!!! I don't want a picture of me today. I don't think I even brushed my teeth this morning."

"Too bad. You deserve to be your own blog entry today."

Initially, I feigned ignorance when the sim card was missing from the camera,
but I decided to give in and dutifully pose instead.

GAWD it IS embarrassing,
but I think I will look much better without all those blackheads around my nose and chin.
Right?

I mean, I can't say how many times I have been trying to pay attention to a conversation I was having
with someone only to be so darned distracted by a dancing blackheads that all I could think of is
Get some Biore, will ya?
Thankfully, I was not discovered earlier today when I was plucking black chin hairs.

The camera couldn't capture that anyway,
could it???

This getting older is tough stuff.
I thought by now I would be less vain,
but as the years go by and things begin more and more to obey gravity
every attempt to keep looking the best I can seems to be more vital.

Maybe, just like in this picture, I should simply take off my glasses
and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment